Friday, March 12, 2010

some great advice I got....

1. Remember the good times, everything else might as well have never happened.

2. Although the pain and sadness never completely goes away, time will numb it and life will go on.

3. You now have a new perspective on life and living. 99% of your friends don't have this so use it to your advantage when dealing with whatever situations come your way in the future.

4. On the bright side, you will NEVER have to deal with anything worse than this.

5. Sooner or later one of your friends will lose somebody, and you are obligated to share your own insight (as I have) that you learned from the experience. After all, we live and we die, and most people will inevitably have to deal with a similar situation and you will have the experiences already under your belt. You're not alone.

6. Everything in life after this is a cakewalk :)

This was pretty much the best advice anyone gave to me after my mom died. Everyone I turned to had sad eyes when I looked at them. There is a reason no one really knew how sick my mom ever was, I don't really like pity. So why would that change after she passed? Don't give me sad eyes and ask me how I am because you don't want to know...you just feel like you have to ask. You really dont care. Very few people in my life ever get a real answer. Sometimes it because I trust them, but sometimes its out of desperation to just let it little bit out. When it comes to dealing with what is going on in my life I rarely tell people the full story of really whats going on. I break it into bits and pieces and spread it around to my various friends. It would be unfair and selfish of me to expect that anyone wants to know the whole story of what I am going through.

That's why my mom was so amazing. She has been the only person in my life that actually wants to hear every little detail of every day of every hour that happens in my life. She was the best person to talk to. She always had the best advice and the strangest little things she would do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment